Tyler

Tyler Residence Hall at night.

Around 7:30 p.m. on Thursday, Greenville Fire Rescue (GFR) responded to a discharged fire extinguisher in Tyler Residence Hall which resulted in the dorm being evacuated.

GFR firefighter, Phillip Carraway said students weren’t allowed to go into the building because chemicals from a fire extinguisher had to be cleaned up.

“So apparently someone has discharged a fire extinguisher either in the hallway or the stairwell on the sixth floor and we’re just trying to clear out all the dust and residue from the dry chemical powder from the extinguisher,” Carraway said.

Jacob Hodgins, a freshman ITCS major, said he witnessed two students around 5 p.m. get off the elevator with a fire extinguisher.

“I was bored so I look up at people and two guys got off the elevator and one was carrying a fire extinguisher,” Hodgins said.

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.